The Best Healthy Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
Who doesn't love a healthy potato cheese soup recipe? I certainly do, and this one fits the bill. I love potatoes. I'm with Dolly Parton when she said, "I never met a spud I didn't like." Yup, that is absolutely true for me, too.Whether a spud comes in the form of Chick-fil-A fries, a baked potato with all the fixins, or mashed and served with gravy, they are a-okay👌🏼 in my book. Oh! And there are plenty that do end up in my books.I especially love that this puréed soup is a healthy version of the normally much higher fat and calorie potato cheese soup. No cream needed in this! I make this potato-cheese soup recipe throughout the fall and winter. It pairs perfectly with sausage bread. Give it a try! Both of these recipes will end up in one of my books at some point! And I bet the soup will become a staple in your household, too.Enjoy!
- 4-5 Russet potatoes peeled and chunked
- 2 carrots sliced
- 3-4 celery stalks sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cups broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Dried or fresh dill weed
- Heat oil in large pot. Saute onion, carrots, and celery. Add potatoes, broth, and salt. Cover and simmer until potatoes are soft, approximately 40 minutes.
- Using an emulsion blender, puree contents in soup pot. Add shredded cheese and dill weed. Still until cheese is incorporated into soup.
Serve and enjoy! And check out my other recipes!