Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
I’ve been crazy about Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes ever since I went on a cruise and pretty much OD’d on them. I’ll fit them into a book somehow, sometime. In the meantime, try them. They’re so easy to make, and so decadent.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 oz chocolate high quality, not chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put chocolate and butter into a bowl and melt until smooth in the microwave or in a double-boiler on stove. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the sugar/egg mixture and stir until combined. Cover the batter and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Scoop mixture into six cups in a muffin pan or ramekins. Put in oven. Turn pan after 15 minutes. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes. The cakes will be done when the outside has risen slightly above the sides of the pan and the center is puffed up but still soft. Let cool completely if cooked in a muffin pan.
- Unmold carefully. Serve on a plate and garnish with chocolate curls, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, and berries. To serve warm, heat in oven for 5 minutes before serving and garnishing.