This is the easiest breakfast dish around. You prep it the night before, let it chill, then pop it in the oven in the morning. It’s a recipe Pippin uses at the inn.
- 1 loaf of French bread (stale is okay!), broken into small rough pieces
- 12 ounces cream chest, softened (lite or Neufchatel is fine), cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Coat a 9×13 inch pan with butter or cooking spray, or use a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread the chunks of bread in the pan.
- Layer the small chunks of cream cheese and the blueberries on top of the bread.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, syrup, milk and half & half, as well as the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture over the bread. Press the bread down to make sure it is all saturated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bring the pan to room temperature. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered with foil.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving with a side of warm maple syrup.
Note: You can make this in individual ramekins instead of as a large single dish.
Enjoy this tasty breakfast dish!