Ruby’s Ginger Cookies, from Murder in Devil’s Cove
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
Sugar to roll the cookies in
Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture. Combine well.
- Roll dough into 3 inch balls. Roll in sugar to coat and place on uncreased cookie/baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies puff up slightly and are lightly browned, approximately 10-12 minutes.